Safe Conduct Service
When you book a taxi for your loved one to travel by themselves, we know that you want to make sure that they are safe and have an enjoyable trip. We offer a “Safe Conduct Service” for just that reason. Our specialty “Safe Conduct Service” ensures the safety of you or your loved one. This service is ideal for anyone who needs a little extra TLC when travelling:
- Children travelling alone (unaccompanied minor)
- Young adults, such as University students
- Anyone unfamiliar with our area
- Anyone travelling for the first time
All our drivers carry disability awareness certificates and are CRB checked to work with vulnerable people.
Why not make a pre-payment in advance?
For your convenience, we offer an extra service of paying in advance. Just call us to make the arrangements. This will ensure that if we are picking up your loved one and they have no funds with them, it will be all sorted and they do not have to worry. You can pay in advance with the reassurance that everything is taking care of and that your loved one will be well looked after from door to door.
How It Works
When you pre-book a taxi with us, we will provide you with the driver’s name, mobile phone number and the taxi’s vehicle registration number (licence plate number). We will also give the driver your passenger’s mobile phone number, so that they can communicate with each other. (If the passenger does not have a mobile contact number, the driver will be happy to keep in contact with you instead).
Any passenger being collected from an airport or seaport can relax knowing that we monitor all arrival times, so even if there is a delay there will always be a friendly face waiting for them. As our office is located at Newton Abbot Railway Station, we can continually check all trains arriving at and departing from the Station. However, we do not just pick up from the railway or air and sea ports, we are on hand to collect you from a hotel, B&B, school or university, private residence, nursing home, hospital or anywhere else you designate.
We cover the following areas
In the immediate vicinity we cover the local towns of Bovey Tracey, Moretonhampstead, Lustleigh, Widecombe-in-the-Moor, Chudleigh, Ashburton, Buckfast, Buckfastleigh, Totnes, Teignmouth, Dawlish, Dawlish Warren, Torquay, Paignton, Brixham, Dartmouth, Salcombe, Ivybridge and Plymouth.
Holiday destinations in the South Devon area include Compton, Finlake Holiday Centre, Barton Hall, Beverley Park, Woodlands, Dartmoor Country Park, Crealy Park, Becky Falls.
Local hotels include Queens Hotel, Passage House Inn, Rock House Inn, Bickleigh Mill, Edgemoor Hotel, Cromwell Arms, Riverside Inn and many more.
We regularly run to Ashburton Cookery School, Gaia House and Channings Wood but we are always to happy to travel further afield and outside of the Devon area.
Taxi Safety Tips from Station Taxis in Newton Abbot
- Always use one of our licensed taxis
- Plan ahead. When going out, make sure you know how you are going to get back home and who you are going home with. It is better to plan your transport home in advance. Finding yourself alone miles from home at 2:30 in the morning is a situation you definitely want to avoid. Unfortunately there are stories in the news every day of missing people and for the sake of a quick phone call.
- Book in advance. Pre-booking a taxi will avoid last-minute desperate decisions, with a guarantee that you will have a car waiting for you to take you to your door.
- Keep our taxi number handy. Keep this number 01626 330077 stored in your mobile. Alternatively it’s easy to remember our other 444 444 number.
- Be discreet. Try not to let strangers overhear your details when ordering a cab. If they overhear your details they could pretend to be the taxi you ordered.
- Find out the price. Get a quote for the cab fare over the phone so that you can set aside enough money or pay in advance on your outward journey. Alternatively purchase a pre-paid coupon from Station Taxis which can be redeemed when you choose.
- Get vehicle details. When pre-booking, ask if the operator can tell you the colour and make of car or even the driver’s name.
- Let someone know. If you are travelling to meet a friend, let them know the name of the company, where you are being picked up from and what time you expect to get there.
- Make sure it’s your cab. When they arrive, ask them to confirm the booking details :• Always ask the driver who the taxi is for
• Don’t offer your details or say “is this the cab for Mr Joe Bloggs?”
• Check the driver’s ID and make sure he is from the company you ordered
• If you feel unsure about a driver, just don’t get in.
When you arrive home, ask the driver to wait until you are through the door. Our drivers are happy to see you arrive home safely to ensure a reliable and friendly service at all times.